FITBIT: SMART TECHNOLOGY TO TRACK YOUR SLEEP
The Fitbit monitors are having a built-in sleep tracker working in auto mode and how to track sleep on fitbit flex? Let’s discuss sleep monitoring by Fitbit flex in this article. As Fitbit simply detects your sleep there is no need of giving the command to Fitbit for sleep.
Similarly, there are various modes on Fitbit to make sure that you are asleep. If assembling a heart rate monitor into Fitbit, it combines heart rate and movement data to advance a more truthful picture of your sleep cycle. Similarly, Fitbit tracks both your overall sleep and also your different sleep stages which is amazing. A complete sleep cycle consists of several stages, such as light sleep, deep sleep, and REM sleep.
All about how to track sleep on fitbit flex
- Firstly, the quality and the stretch of your sleep are on track with your fitbit flex setup.
- However, this helps to improve your sleep patterns
- Hence, make sure to wear your Flex to bed for monitoring, before going to sleep.
- Secondly, when your tracker syncs with your account in the morning
- Then you can find your sleep data on the Fitbit dashboard
- However, if you want to see how long it takes to fall asleep,
- Then you can use the manual sleep mode at the place of sleep tracking automatically
- To put your tracker into sleep mode, quickly press your flex for a second or two.
- As a result, it will start to vibrate and give out a display of two slowly dimming lights
- During the night you will see alternating flashing lights representing
- When you wake up, quickly press your Flex for a second or two.
- This is to deactivate the sleep mode and to know how to track sleep on fitbit flex.
- Check for vibration and flashing of all five LEDs and you can be sure that the Fitbit gave an exit to sleep mode.
how to track sleep on fitbit flex: How Fitbit detects Sleep?
- How does a Fitbit detect sleeping and how to track sleep on fitbit flex?
- Traditionally, the measurement of sleep stages is with the help of an EEG to detect brain activity.
- Similarly, the requirement of some other systems such as monitoring eye and muscle activity is also necessary.
- However, these are the gold standards in measuring sleep stages.
- How does tracking sleep with fitbit works?
- The fitbit flex setup can gauge one’s sleep stages more conveniently and appropriately.
- As a result, the Fitbit uses a combination of movement and heart rate in evaluating the sleep phases of the user.
- The fitbit sleep assumes the user is asleep if he is not moving for about an hour.
- In addition, data such as the duration of your movements is indicative of sleep behavior.
- That means, rolling in sleep, capsizing, etc helps the Fitbit in confirming that the user is asleep.
- The heart rate variability (HRV), ie tracking changes in your heart rate by the device.
- However, the HRV has a varied fluctuation as you go from light sleep to deep sleep or REM sleep.
- As a result, while synching the device in the morning after wake up it estimates the sleep cycle at night.
- This calculation is thru using the movement and heart rate patterns the night before on the Fitbit.
how to track sleep on fitbit flex: Different Stages of Sleep on Fitbit
According to the National Sleep Foundation and sleep researchers at Fitbit, the different stages of sleep are the following: –
- Firstly, Light Sleep.
- Light sleep is the entry point to your good sleep each night.
- Similarly, this helps in relaxing and slowing down your body for a good sleep.
- However, a few minutes before falling asleep marks the beginning of light sleep.
- In addition, Light sleep is very important to human life as it promotes the mental and physical recovery of a person.
- Secondly, Deep Sleep.
- Usually, the first hours of sleep mark the occurrences of Deep sleep.
- During deep sleep, your body becomes less responsive to external stimuli and other disturbances.
- As a result, it becomes more difficult to wake up in a deep sleep.
- In deep sleep, your breathing becomes slower and the muscles relax while the heart rate generally turns into more consistency.
- Deep sleep promotes: –
- Firstly, physical recovery.
- Secondly, aspects of memory.
- Thirdly, aspects of learning.
- Fourth and finally, the immune system.
- Third and finally, REM Sleep.
- After the initial phase of deep sleep, REM sleep occurs.
- Similarly, a human stays in REM sleep much longer than any other sleep during the sleep cycles.
- In addition, REM sleep occurs in the second half of the night.
- Your brain becomes more active and usually, dreams occur in this stage of sleep.
- However, in REM sleep the heart rate surges and breathing develops more asymmetrical.
- In addition, REM sleep has been shown to play an important role in: –
- Firstly, regulating mood.
- Secondly, learning and memory.
- Third and finally, the brain processes and consolidates data from the day before, thereby storing it for the long term.
fitbit didn’t track sleep
Some of the users have a complaint that their fitbit didn’t track sleep or no longer tracking their sleep. So how to put fitbit flex in sleep mode and how to track sleep on fitbit flex? If Fitbit stops automatic sleep tracking make sure to follow the below steps: –
- Firstly, Restart Fitbit.
- Secondly, Adjusting the Fitbit’s sleep sensitivity mode.
- Third and finally, manually adjusting the Fitbit’s sleep log.
Hence to keep a track of your sleep patterns, tracking sleep with fitbit is a better and superb option. However, if you find how to track sleep on fitbit flex does not work, the above troubleshooting tips are for your assistance. If one feels that he does not want to use the automatic sleep tracking, he can record the time of sleep manually in the Fitbit app or his Fitbit account.
However, the manual entering of fitbit sleep data in Fitbit is not a preferable option. This is because he cannot have information about sleep patterns or sleep stages on Fitbit when recording manually. As a result, for how to track sleep on fitbit, the better option is to automatically record your sleep.